I am preparing to launch a podcast on science and faith called "Atom and Eve," and I would love to hear any suggested topics or questions. Please submit your ideas using the About tab. Here are a few of my drafted episodes:
General Science and Faith topics:
- The Science and Faith Hall of Fame (Mirroring Hebrews 11's "Faith Hall of Fame")
- How does science work? The Scientific Method and Peer Review
- Climate Change, part 1: What we know
- Climate Change, part 2: Natural disasters
- Climate Change, part 3: Why Christians should care
- Climate Change, part 4: What you can do
- Climate Change, bonus 1: How do we know about past weather / climate / temperatures?
- Climate Change, bonus 2: The "hockey stick" graph
- Evolution, part 1: Natural Selection
- Evolution, part 2: Genetics
- Evolution, part 3: Fossils
- Evolution, part 4: The Scopes Monkey Trial
- CRISPR: The Genetic Toolkit
- Vaccines and herd immunity
- The Galileo Affair, part 1: Pre-Copernican astronomy
- The Galileo Affair, part 2: The New Ideas of Copernicus, Tycho Brahe, Kepler, and Galileo
- The Galileo Affair, part 3: A Short Trial with a Long Shadow
- Elon Musk: A One-Man Revolution
- Space: The Big Bang
- Space: People to Mars?
On the Bible and Theology:
- Genesis, chapter 1: A Spreadsheet theology
- Genesis, chapters 2-3: Things get complicated
- Should we take the Bible seriously, literally, or both?
- How does the imago dei apply to an evolved species?
- Is there science in the Bible?
- Creation Care and Dominion in scripture
- If humans are so important, why are we such a microscopic speck in the broader universe?
On Creation Care:
- Q: What is styrofoam made of? A: Sin.
- What does science say about modern gender issues like sexual orientation and identity?
- How can science inform our engagement with mental illness?
- Why do some Christians reject modern science?
- Why do Christians care about the Bible anyway?
- How do you talk to people you disagree with or dislike?
- How do non-Christian faiths interact with science?
- How would extra-terrestrial life affect theology?